The Metropolis High Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metropolis High Forums

The Forums of Metropolis, both public and private.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Role-Playing Military

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

Role-Playing Military Empty
PostSubject: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 pm

-Role-playing Military-

Introduction
Chapter 1 : Apperance
Chapter 2 : City Laws
Chapter 3 : Whipping
Chapter 4 : Jail
Chapter 5 : Rank RP
Chapter 6 : Military equipment
Chapter 7 : RP situations
Chapter 8 : RPing Re-inforcements, Arrest and Jailing

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Introduction

This book was created to help people RP military characters, understand why we do certain things and finally to keep up the metropolis image.
As the bad guys we are a main part of the story. The dictators forces rule the lands.
All gaurds must know the things in the book aswell.
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:42 pm

Chapter 1 : Apperance

Lets talk about how powerful apperance and perception is.
When you look at the NPC Blackguard, all you see is a powerful NPC.
You dont know what they look like. All you know is that they are tough.
This gives you a certain image of them. It makes the NPC Blackgaurds look intimidating.

Now lets look at the other side of Image of how powerful apperance can be.
The military/gaurd are easily recognizable. You all have a uniform. You all represent the metropolis.
If one gaurd whips another player with no RP then in 1/2 an hour, the person who was whipped will put a post on the Narc's adventure game forum, blaming "all" the gaurds. Thats how powerful apperance and perception are.
It is entirely possible to use these to your advantage though to help you out IC and OOC.

How to act as a gaurd
-Don't write "Smiles evilly" if you are wearing a mask. Be aware of what you are wearing.
-Almost all actions of a guard should be physical actions such as "Crosses arms", "Shuffles feet", "tilts head" or
"Cracks knuckles". Anything vocal such as "laughs evilly" is ok aswell.
If you want to be creative, you can do the following"
*Removes Cloak and Vest* This gives you a chance to show off your character. Previously hidden features of the character come out, such as red skin and wings. Something the other player might not have expected.
-I expect all of gaurds to do this. Walk.
You have the power, so whats the rush? When you walk you look more powerful and in control. Unless there is an emergency, walk. Even if you are with a group of people and they choose to Run, and you walk, they will either fall in line and walk with you,
or take off and if they take off, you shouldnt care.
-Do not look bad in-front of the citizens.
Trying to say this as Nice as possible, Dont look like an idiot or an ***. You want people to take you seriously. Act seriously. If your talking to them OOC, then you can joke about what you want. There is limits to this though. you can not win every situation with a citizen
but don'r purposely make yourself look bad.
-Dont spam your voice set.
If you want a good image for your character, dont even do it in the game room.
-Don't use //.
Quite a few people have been surprised by what I say in OOC to them.
I will joke, make new characters to do funny things or strange RP. The comment I got was "Its good to see even a Serious RPer can have fun" The only reason they did not see this side of me before, was becuase I never used the // for speaking OOC.
If Im Rp'ing I use normal tell. If I want to talk OOC I use either PM's or party chat.
If you use // openly, then everybody sees it. You will lose alot of the Mystery that has been developed around the military and the guard.
The less you show people about your character, the more they want to know.
If you act the fool, you will be percived as one.
-Don't use LOL, ROFLMAO, Role-Playing Military Icon_biggrin or any Leet speak.
-Dont use the words like level in the open or words that make no sense in real life.

This is listed from Annwn1 on the BoB Adventure game.
It has been shortened, so it is not the exact quote.

Quote:
Things like:
- In "Talk mode" you shall ALWAYS be IC (In Character - spell it out, the abbrevation might be unknown to ppl new to the game)

- In "Party mode" you can handle the OOC (Out Of Character, real life talk /language) chit chat etc.

- In "Tell" you do whatever you like, as long as it's not insulting, greiving, etc etc. Theres a chapter about that inte the rule boke, somewhere...

Give hints that "lol", "smilies" : ) , "What lvl r U?", etc are not to be used in Talk/RP mode. Make it short, and reffer to the chapter in the rule book that handles this thoroughly, or if there is non, point to DK's post (or wherever this might be written down).

-Dealing with citizens
Do not waste your breath on citizens in a losing arguement.
If you are not a mage and cannot dispell spells, then simply ask the enchanted person to get rid of their spells, if they do not, do not waste your time looking like a fool ordering them.
Do what is within your power.
If you can dispell them, dispell them.
If you can grapple them, use the grapple tool on them.
If they are weilding weapons, whip them if you can.
If they insult you, maybe you can hit them to put them in their place. Maybe you can use the grapple tool to role-play hitting them.
Do your duty, then move on. Do not embarass your-self or your unit. Take note any particular problems and report it to your superior officer.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:42 pm

Chapter 2 : City Laws

The Laws - You have 4 laws to uphold, thats it!

1-No weapons are to be held in the city or the surroundings. THIS INCLUDES GUARDS!
2-No animals, except pack animals, can be in the city or the surroudings
3-No form of combat or violence can occur in the city and the surroundings. This includes magic.
4-No enchantments are allowed in the city or the surroundings.

The first 3 rules are easy enough to deal with. If someone weilds a weapon, whip them.
Do not weild a weapon in the city if you do not have the Metropolis Faction Rune! There is nothing more embarrasing to the metropolis than seeing one of its own guards whipped!
No combat in the city. If someone is attacking(With weapon or Magic) a sign, NPC guard, metropolis worker or object, you can whip them!
As for the magic. Unless you can dispell magic, there is nothing you can do about this but, this gives you several openings for RP. You can demand the person de-spell and try to deal with it, but odds are they wont.
I have made alot of RP and met many friends in this fashion.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Chapter 3 : Whipping

More people will get upset at for this than anything else.
Be very creative when whipping another character.
Depending on which guard you follow you will of course have different approaches.

You will need time to learn how to whip people.

-If a person is running. Whip them. No warning. You may have to give chase aswell.
-If a person is standing there. Give warning. This gives you a chance to Yell at them bark orders. Make RP.
(like I said some guards will do this more than others)
Anything like "Growls", "Whips away" to "You dare Mock the Dictators Laws Fool! Pay the price!"
-Treat AFK characters the Same. No exception is made to for them. If they are AFK, then it doesn't matter if they end up in jail or not. They'll be there for 5 minutes, most people will be back by then and spend 1 minute in jail.
Still treat AFK characters as a normal character. Insult them, give them some time to put away the weapon and visit them in Jail.
-RP using the whip. This can be things like
a)verbal warning the other person.
b)Warning the person by RPing actions
c)Talking or Roleplaying between whippings.

Each gaurd will do things differently.
For example, I don't expect blackgaurds to give a warning, but I do expect them to RP between whippings.
The wolf Gaurd on the other hand, I expect you to warn before you whip.
-Deal with animals and summons how ever you want.

A special note on the following:
-Please be careful about whipping Golems.
Golems take work to build. Unlike summons, golems require gold gems and items to make.
Warn the person to put the Golem away. There are ways for you to RP a tough thug without destroying them. Example: Send the Person a PM, then RP the results if your a BG.
-If a person is Behind your back with a weapon drawn, then you should not see them and not whip them.
Until you have some reason to turn around and see the person, you should not whip them.
-Dont waste time on those who constantly draw and sheathe their weapons.
Get the whip ready though. If for some reason the person has it out to long, whip them. Most peoples ego takes over and they become ***y.
-You don't always need to give out warnings. If the person is a repeat offender whip them as you wish.
"But" please pay attention to what the character is wearing. There have been times I have Not whipped a repeat offender, because they look different and I no longer recognizes them. He may recognize their voice if they speak. But until they do he does not know who they are.
-Do NOT have three guards standing around the Portal to whip anyone who comes through. It may be an interesting idea...but something that needs to be planned out. So dont do it.
-You can assume that after the 3 whippings, the guard or someone takes the person to jail. After a person has been sent to jail 1 time, only a single whipping is needed to send them back again, so you can imagine that they wont be mouthing off to you anymore.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Chapter 4 : Jail

-If you have sent a person to jail, go visit them. I want you to continue the RP there.
-This gives you a chance to berate/insult the other character. It gives you a chance to make yourself look bigger. It gives you a chance to make RP enemies.
-And speak to the person OOC as well.
By doing the above you are showing the player respect.

You can also try to arrest a person by RP. Ive seen several of you do this. Ive done this once or twice my self.
The Key to this though is that "THE OTHER PERSON MUST AGREE".
There is no way in hell you will be able to ever arrest a person if they dont want to play along.
Speak to the person OOC through private tells and talk to them about it.
If you both can end up agreeing with something. Go for it.
You will have one other issue though. Where are you going to incarcerate him? I think the Slave quarters have cells. If the slave quarters have cells, try using those.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Chapter 5 : Rank RP

Some notes about OOC things higher ranking gaurds should be doing
-all higher ranking gaurds should be questioning lower ranking gaurd on IC and OOC issues.
-Attaining a higher rank is also based upon how well you know handle OOC issues and RP.
-Alot of the punishments of the Sgt are RP. He must decide what actions to take, without overstepping his bounds.
-The Lt. has a few OOC resonsibilities. He essentially has the final word on people joining the military.
He can prevent people from joining because of OOC reasons or IC reasons.
-Generals, with the commanders as their aids choose how battles are waged on a large scale. Captains must choose their men and how to deploy them at the specific battle area. The generals and commanders help by creating scenarios.
ie. The Generals/Commander decided that the next scenario for gaurds in Ferus is to leave the area and take what supplies they can. This scenario is then passed on the the Captains who must implement it.
The captains give the orders to their Lt. Who tell the men.
This means generals and commanders help create large RP scenarios.
-Out of game the Captain helps set up the battles by finding people and choosing people.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Chapter 6 : Military equipment

Do not sell your +1 gear. I will be taking back your +1 gear and holding on to it for new troops. I will then give you money so you can buy your +2 gear or I will buy it for you.
Some items are now give on a per mission basis. Certain shield and rings are One-shot mission items.
You only need then for certain mission. For example if you are on the pharoh mission, you will need a ring that protects you from disease.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

Chapter 7 : RP situations

-Irate character

Note: This says Irate Character, not irate player.

Ok you have an angry Mino/Crowd/pixe in front of you.
Several thing you can do. I go with the flow and which ever comes up I take.

1) You can lose the arguement. This is a good thing. Makes things realistic. No one wins all the time.

2) You can try to make him look bad. Ths requires verbal skill(talking) and some knowledge of psychology/politics.

3) Try to fight him. Ok! I suggest this one the Least! For about one hundered reasons! Even if your character is higher level and you will kill him!
Most people will tell you to come outside and fight.
Think about this. Why the hell don't you fight there, even if it is an NoN-pvp zone.
If he wants to fight you, advise the player that killing you would be like back-talking the Blackguard NPC's.
You, as the Guard, have the power! Why the hell would you give that up by trying to fight someone! Why would you abandon your post!
If your so brave and want to go out and fight him, go for it, but add tonnes of RP to it. You risk several things though.
a) You could get ambushed. This happens alot.
b) You could Lose. Making your self look bad.
Also the last alternative is you can set up a duel.
This is a pretty interesting prospect. Lots of RP and interaction. It means you dont kill each other right away
and have chances to see each other over and over again.

4) Be a guard. Be stoic. Act like you think a soldier would. Ignore his comments. and focus on your duty

5) Ignore him. Do not ignore the person OOC. Tell him you are listening, but your guard doesnt care. Or write something like "Turns his back on you"

6) Now...There is no guarantee of this, but you May...and Im talking 1 in 1000, may be able to get and actual Black guard NPC to back you up. Its cool if you do. Makes you feel like the man. But since the odds are 1 in 1000, you cant rely on it all the time.

7) Try to use the grapple tool. Use this one to simulate smacking people around or grappling them.

-Make the RP short. There is one thing I hate. You finish Rping with a person, you got the last word in. You walk away, then the person chases you down as says "Wait! blah blah blah."
I ignore them and walk away. Just because we're the bad guys it doesn't mean we gotta lose.
I'm sure I could have gone back to the person and said more, and more, and we could keep going forever.
I dont like that. Its a waste of time. Fine, our characters hate each other. Move on.
Make your RP short and to the point then move on.

Make the RP simple. If your at a point where you cant win the arguemnt. say somethign like " Pftt" "Grumble" and walk away.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:45 pm

Chapter 8 : RPing Re-inforcements, RP Arrest and Jailing

A)Re-enforcements
If your character is under attack in the city or surroundings, or your character is confronted by a powerful PC that you know you can not deal with, then you can role-play that you are calling the guards for help.

Simply Role-play that you are calling for re-enforcements. Tell: *Guards! here he is* or *Guards! Assist me! Guards!*

B)RP Arrest and Jailing
I want guards to start arresting people who break the law. So if anyone breaks any of the laws Simply tell them that they are under arrest and.
1st-either grapple and capture them or announce they are under arrest
2nd-remove all their belongings so they cant teleport away.
3rd-take them to jail. If your lucky you can throw them into a cell. There are usable cells in Metro HQ. but you need a rune and they are further away.

During this time, discuss the RP with them. If the character is jailed then they should be out of play technucally. This is still an issue right now.

Also note, if a character has commited murder and is eventually whipped for his actions, your not going to let him out of jail.
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Admin
Lord Bahlin1

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:30 am

Chapter 9 : Reports and Reporting.

All reports are to be given to commanding officers, not Lords of Metro.
If a commanding officer is not online then post the report in the Servus Consulates Report Section. Do not find a Lord and tell them. Leave the reports for the commanding officers and let them deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role-Playing Military   Role-Playing Military Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role-Playing Military
Page 1 of 1